29 Jun 2017

Field Day 2017 with VE3HTB and VA3VL

Field Day 2017


Greeting fellow field day participants. Hope you had a great Field day 2017.

Again this year I went out to Bluffers park in Scarborough to test my field day equipment.

As last year my good friend and fellow ham VA3VL Steve came along to assist. 

It turned out to be a very pleasant Saturday in the park, with sun and trees and lost of
people enjoying the park. 

The field day curse struck again, and just as I was about to make contact with my first station, 
a wind gust blew over the camera. I was unable to get it to record for the rest of the day. 
Turned out the SD card was jarred loose and prevented the camera from recording. 
However I got a little more this field day than last year.

Steve VA3VL


The newest additions for Field day 2017
120 watts of solar power


Old faithfull my 12 amp hour battery


The new charge controller I got from e-bay allows 
me to run 12 devices and also has 2 usb charger ports.

                                     

You can see the video what there is of it by clicking the link below. 

2017 field day excursion. VA3VL Steve accompanied me to Bluffers park in Scarborough. We set up my magnet loop antenna, TS-50 and newly acquired Solar Panels.

The filed curse got us again this year as right as I was about to make my first contact the wind knocked over my camera, and I was unable to video any further. Oh well next year.


Lessons learned this year ...

1.) Obtain and properly set up a good quality tripod. Maybe even get some sand bags to
      further anchor the tripod. 

2.) Bring back up camera. 

3.) Don't forget log book.


I did make a few contacts this year on 20 meters. For some reason could not tune 40 this time out, even though I had tested it 2 days before and it worked fine. 
Mr. Murphy must be laughing.

Well 73's and see you down the log. 


VE3HTB and VA3VL 

Off and clear.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing, it looks like a fantastic deployment

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.