21 Aug 2017

HF is Dead!

Well its not dead but propagation is pretty bad these days on HF.

I blew the dust off my icom id-31A and ID-88H and got on D-star late last night and worked 
really fine chaps in New Zealand. My DVAP hotspot was preforming well. 

It really nice to have a real QSO with people instead of just exchanging calls RST and location as in FT-8. 

I  did some antenna work and got my balcony antenna farm (8-) working again. I can now
work 10 meters, assuming it ever comes back. 

For some reason my noise floor on HF is 9+ s-units. Maybe cause everyone is running A/C.

Oh well there's always  Youtube. Time to catch up on what other DIY people are up to.

Well nothing to report this time so I will just say 73 and Catch ya'll down the log.

John aki Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.