2 Aug 2017








Hi it's Dave. (or so as not to offend the LID's I'll use John)

Seems like some people are now accusing me of trying to hide my identity. by purposely trying to
confuse people about my name. What  load of garbage.

You see how these people think.

Here is the truth.


My name is John David Borland.  My dad's name was John (everyone called him Jack). My mother
decided to call me by my second name David or Dave for short. She didn't want me to be called Jack. I don't know why. You see I couldn't ask her, as both died when I was three years old. So ever since I was a young lad I have been known as Dave.

Then I discovered a great hobby called Amateur Radio. But you do require a license. The department
of Transport known as D.O.T.  required some sort of proof of identity when applying for your
license. My full name as per my birth certificate was required. Thus on my license I am know
as John David Borland.

That's all there is to it. No great conspiracy, no effort to hide, just a simple case of me using my
second name  my late mother and father used.

I am used to Dave now since I have been called that ever since I can remember. But if you call
me John that's certainly ok by me. After that is my name.

Hey maybe I will go by my third given name "Ben" so those LIDs that like to attack me for
not using my name as listed in QRZ, will really be confused. Oh by the way, if you use RAC's
lookup you will see my full name listed so there shouldn't be any confusion.


73's all

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.